louis vuitton replica

louis vuitton replica
louis vuitton replicas

2012年7月14日星期六

Callaway X460 Driver Review

Callaway X460 Driver Review

Technology With the exception of composite technology in the C4 and Fusion drivers, Callaway has always stuck with tried and true technologies like:
Short, Straight, Hollow, HoselThe breakthrough Callaway Golf design that shortened the tradition hosel length, allowing weight to be moved lower and to the more useful perimeter area of the clubhead. The hollowed-out or Tru-Bore Technology is part of the S2H2 design, and allows the shaft tip to extend through the clubhead to the sole, which improves feel and control.
Thru-Bore TechnologyPart of Callaway Golf's patented S2H2 design - the bore-through design improves feel and control by allowing the shaft to extend through the hosel to the sole. This moves the tip of the shaft closer to the center of the clubface, which improves feel and control.
Variable Face Thickness TechnologyVariable Face Thickness Technology allows designers to adjust the materials thickness in Callaway Golf woods and irons for improved performance. In woods, adjusting the face thickness with VFT Technology maximizes ball speed and perimeter weighting for more distance and forgiveness. The face is thicker in the center and ultra-thin around the edges, which allows more energy from the impact of the clubface to be transferred to the ball.
The X460's "Consistent Alignment Sole" didn't work as advertised for me, producing a closed face at setup.
The X460 is no different utilizing S2H2, Thu-Bore, and VFT technologies to its advantage. This keeps a similar look and feel with previous Big Bertha models for those golfers looking for a replacement or upgrade to their old driver.
The X460 does have a new sole dubbed the Consistent Alignment Sole. This new sole is concave and does not allow the clubhead to rock at address. This helps golfers of all abilities to consistently align the driver at address. Just set the club down and let the sole line you up. Mine didn't line up so well, but we'll get to that later have used and liked the Big Bertha II driver and 454 drivers in the past and for over a year now have been happily using Callaway's FT-3 driver. I've always liked the performance of Callaway drivers and have gotten used to the melon looking clubheads over the years. I appreciate it when a company stays true to its roots and provides a familiar clubhead for me at address.
ConstructionThe first thing engineers did was to squeezed outsix more cubic centimeters to bring the clubhead size right up to the 460cc limit. Other than the gloss black paint job, you would hardly notice much of a difference at address compared to the 454.
Moving weight has been quite the buzz in drivers these past few years. Callaway's approach has been to reposition weight internally for you. Based on their own testing, engineers will position weight to help increase the Moment of Inertia to get the right balance of performance and forgiveness.
An all titanium body was chosen to provide an alternative price point and most likely sound when compared to the FT-3. Since I've been using the FT-3 for over a year now I've grown quite accustomed to the corked sound at impact. The all titanium body quickly reminded my ears of how loud other drivers can be compared to what I was used to.
Unlike the FT-3, the X465 features Callaway's traditional chevron alignment aid.
Like the FT-3, there are two different models of X460: standard and Tour. Unlike its big brother, the X460 does not come in Draw, Neutral, or Fade models - rather the standard models all have a 2 closed clubface while the Tour model features a square clubface. This and positioning of the internal weights aim to give the Tour model a lower ball flight with little or no slice correction.
The stock shaft on the standard model is a Fujikura 64g model made for the X460 while the Tour model has the Fujikura 26.3 Tour Platform shaft as standard bill. You still have the option of other aftermarket shafts from virtually every company out there but these Fujikura shafts should provide plenty of power and control for the everyday golfer.
Looks and SetupI'm already used to Callaway and other 460cc drivers so taking the headcover off the X460 was no big deal for me. Like Henry Ford's automobiles and Johnny Cash's wardrobe, some things just look better in black. Black seems to make the clubhead appear smaller.
I bought the X460 Tour model because I wanted a fair comparison with my FT-3 Tour but the first thing I noticed about my driver was the closed face. I kept doubting my eyes but when I measured the clubhead in a loft/lie measuring gauge I found that my Tour model has 3 closed face. This might be a welcome angle for most but I'm so used to a square or open clubface. Since my typical miss with a driver is what some like to call a "power draw," this wasn't a welcome sight.
The X460's face is a little shallower and a little wider than its sibling's. It also has an "X" instead of a chevron on the face.
So the Consistent Alignment Sole coupled with my crooked clubface made it hard for the simple little tweak at address. My first couple shots with the club I thought I'd just trust the sole alignment but that trust quickly evaporated with each shot jumping left on me. I would switch back to my FT-3 during a round or on different days to double-check my swing, and drives were straight. But my X460 still wanted to hit to the Big Green Monster in left field.
This closed face keep playing tricks with my eyes and mind but eventually I stopped trusting and using the sole to line up the club. It's a little trick that most wouldn't mind however it just keeps bugging me that I have to tweak a club instead of just letting it work for me.
The small chevron on top of the crown is a Callaway signature and I like it. It's neither too small or too big but just right. Otherwise, I mentioned I like the paint job and overall look of the clubhead so the X460 still scores 50/50 in this category.

没有评论:

发表评论